I just found out that a former co-worker committed suicide after being laid off from her job with the County. She was always kind of a loose cannon when it came to work and she had a reputation of being a trouble maker. She had been in and out of the psych ward to get her head straight, and everytime she would return and fall back into the same rut as before. It was kind of inavoidable as she was working in a super high stress job, and it didn't help that it seemed no one respected her in the workplace, and unfortunately I was guilty of that. Her family even hung her out to dry, and I can't imagine living life like that. Somehow the news of her passing kind of hit me today and it made me appreciate all I have. My awesome wife and pups....my family in West Virginia and Florida, a wee bit of job security....two fake children whom I adore and love...I'm a lucky man. I know I'm not the easiest person to get along with at times, and I definitely have character flaws, but I honestly will do anything for you in a pinch. That's just who I am. Thank you to everyone who sticks by me, even when that can be difficult. I'm very blessed to have you in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment